Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beauty....Naps...


(this sweet little photo was found on google...but I know how this baby feels!)
Yeah, you read that right! I know, I know. I don't like to take naps....but, Sunday? Sunday naps are different. There is nothing like taking a nap on a Sunday afternoon. Marco is really good about making sure that everyone is quiet, so that I can get my nap. =] We return to church for our Sunday evening service - I teach a ladies class and sometimes a children's class and I need that nap! =]
It is good to rest. I am learning that more and more. I never took naps or power snoozes like they suggested in college. I was always on the go. Nope, no time for "laying around" is what I always thought. Now I know better. We need it. Our bodies need to recharge. I have found that I can go without much sleep or any naps, I CAN still function, but it just ain't pretty! So, take a nap! I give you permission - if you are someone like me that feels guilty for sleeping in or taking some down time - guilt no more! I know I blogged about something similar (rest) when I was sick, but it's come up again and I realize that I just need more rest. You may need this reminder as well - so take it. ;]
Not only should we rest, but God expects us to rest. He created us to need rest...even the animals and the land need to rest....so why shouldn't we? I am going to bed...for rest. Good night!

Matthew 11:28 - 29 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

No comments: