Saturday, January 17, 2009

Beauty...Great Bargains!


***My $29 Purchase***
So, hubby and I were out and about...we were glad to get out and have breakfast together. While we were driving around town, I'd notice a Yard Sale here in there. I'd ask Marco to slow down so that I could "take a gander" at what they had...dusty old videos, plastic baby tubs, exercise equipment... Oh, well. Just looking, right? Anyway, later in the day, we passed by a multi-family yard sale. I asked Marco to stop.
There were 4 sisters that were having a yard sale together. Looked like some really nice things... I'm always on the look out for something unique for my scrapspace. I have found some really cool things that I've repurposed to organize my things.
I saw a History Songs book and cd set and then a Geography one too. I have the history one, but thought I'd ask about the price anyway. $1 for each one. Wow. That's good. They weren't even open. I will take them both! As I was chatting with one of the ladies there, I saw a pile of purses...
One of the sisters was not there, but her sister was pricing the items. I bent down to check out one of the bags. Hmmm...looked like nice leather, black...you can't have too many of those. Then I realize that it's a Coach purse. Hmmm...I check it out - yup, it's real. Oh, and look! Two nice Brighton purses. All in styles that I like and perfectly clean. I had to go around with the lady a little bit, but she gave me the 3 purses for $25 total. Of course, I had to have her hold it all and go to get cash, but I came back and now I am the owner of 3 like-new (insides looked great!) quality purses.
Love it!

5 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

How awesome! What are those cd's? Maybe I can buy some for Abby, right now she's learning her states. Miguel said if she can learn were all the states are he'd give her twenty bucks! So that really motivated her.

McKay Family said...

I have that Coach Purse...I recognized it right away! Great deal!

Rachel Ballenger said...

WOW! Those are GREAT deals! You know what MY first thought was.....sell 'em on EBAY!!! :) If you do, you'll have to post how much you get for them! :)
Nothing like finding a FABULOUS deal like that at a garage sale.

TrulyBlessed said...

wow those brighton purses are cute... what did you get for your family! lol jk... super good deals!! great eye sis...

Sherry said...

No, I won't be selling these on Ebay. Not this time...Marco told me that I needed to keep them since they are what I'd like anyway.
And for Tabi...do you not see the little drum and the history and geography cd's??? =]