Saturday, January 31, 2009

Beauty...a new beginning...


Today is the last day of January 2009. I can not believe how fast it has gone. I want to thank Traci for her challenge. I've enjoyed having a theme so that I can FOCUS on my writing each day, but also because it's not easy to find beauty every day. Some days were just ugly - but that does not mean there was no beauty to be found.
I have found beauty in my children, the kindness of my husband, the generosity of a friend. I have found it in every day objects and daily rituals that would normally get taken for granted. A song can bring beauty, even the weather.
Our country is in a time that is very depressing and scary for some. The economy...well, let's just say there have been better days, right? Well, we can't sit around moping or feeling sorry for ourselves. We've got to go forward. Have you made some bad decisions? Have you broken all of your New Year resolutions? It's okay. You can have goals for February. As long as you choose to go forward, as long as you choose to wake up another day - you have a new chance.
There is beauty all around us (as I made note of before), but better than that -- there is beauty out there that is just for YOU. Will you look for it? Will you see it? Don't look past it.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful post and beautiful message for all to take to heart.