Saturday, November 8, 2008

Today, I am thankful for...

....my laptop. Why? Because my friends live inside. LOL Well, of course, I am joking...but I am so thankful for my connection to far away friends and family via good 'ole email or Facebook. I have had the privilege of befriending many women that I've gotten to know through a scrapbook message board. I have even had the chance to meet some of them at a retreat and nearby.
If it weren't for Facebook, I don't think that I would've had the chance to have that wonderful get together this past summer with two of my best friends from college. I wouldn't be in touch with so many of my students who have graduated and started their own families. It has been great to be able to see pictures and exchange message conversations with my siblings who all live so far away from me.
I love that you can Google just about any topic (or use Wikipedia like Michael Scott) and have answers right at your finger tips. Speaking of Michael Scott, I love that I can watch t.v. episodes on-line when I miss my shows.
Blogging has become a way for me to be creative, to express myself, to write, to share and to unwind. I love it.
So today, I am thankful for my laptop and everything inside it. (pictures to follow later!)

6 comments:

Tracy Kosofsky said...

I'm really enjoying your "thankful for" posts - and I LOVE your blog design. It looks great!!

Brynn said...

I was just thinking of this last night! I too love modern technology, love that it's a way to keep in touch with friends & family that are both near & far.

TrulyBlessed said...

i love how you are always thankful for everything... you are such a great role model!!!! love you sis.

~~The Dr3sslers said...

I'm waving at you from inside your computer right now! :)

And I just came here and found that you've selected the same blog background as me! :) Great minds think alike!

I'm totally loving that Cutest Blog site! Thanks for helping me out with that! I can't wait to get some Christmas stuff going on! :)

Lee said...

I'm thrilled that you live in my computer! I too am grateful for modern technology, can't imagine my life without it :)

Savannah said...

yay! I figured it out!!! Awesome blog:)