Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finding Joy: My MEMES

Wikipedia's definition: A meme (pronounced /miːm/)[1] comprises any idea or behavior that can pass from one person to another by learning or imitation. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, gestures, practices, fashions, habits, songs, and dances. Memes propagate themselves and can move through the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a virus.
I just say that it's a fun and easy way to add some variety to your blog. It may be random info, but they do help me to get to know my fellow bloggers a little more.
Some of the memes that I like to take part in are:
Simple Woman's Daybook
Wordless Wednesday
Friday Fill-Ins
12 on 12
I enjoy blogging just because I like to write, share pictures, and just "be". I like "being" in the blogging world. I like to settle down in my spot and know that I can relax and be who I am as I write or read here.
I've issued two challenges and have had several people actually take part in them. It's been fun and I've enjoyed reading their responses. Who knows? Maybe one day I will have a well know weekly meme that tons of people follow? That would be fun - but until then...I am choosing joy by completing my memes and looking forward to reading yours! Here's my Friday Fill-Ins a little bit early!

Friday Fill-Ins
1. Snow is fun if you're dressed for it.

2. I'm looking forward to Christmas and being with my grandmother.

3. Marco is the best husband ever!

4. One of my favorite old tv shows is Little House on the Prairie.

5. I'm done with worrying over how we're "gonna make it" and I am ready to really trust Him.

6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is being with friends and family.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sitting with hubby and watching our show, tomorrow my plans include teaching, cleaning and putting up the Christmas tree and Sunday, I want to relax!

No comments: