Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today, I am thankful for...friends that edify.


Romans 14:19 says, "Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
Merriam-Webster's dictionary defines the word EDIFY like this:
to instruct and improve especially in moral and religious knowledge : uplift; also : enlighten, inform
Well, today - I am so thankful for friends that instruct, improve, uplift, enlighten and inform!! I had received some "not so great" news yesterday and was really down. I had started to question what in the world God had for my family and me. I shared a little with some far away friends on facebook and when I woke up - there was so much encouragement in my inbox!
She instructed me to Rest in Him. I thought of Matthew 11:28 where it says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
I had another friend uplift me with her kind and generous words and prayers and she encouraged me with ideas of how she is helping others that are in need.
After I read these messages, I was encouraged! I felt a burden lifted off my shoulders. I even changed my status to Resting in Him!
Shortly after that, the circumstances that I was so worried about changed completely for the better. I felt guilty for my lack of faith. I had not lost faith in God of course, but I did falter. I should have known after all this time that He will never leave me or forsake me!
Later, I got to work and shared with a close friend how I had worried and fretted and then I told her how everything got reversed after I acknowledged that I was in His hands and that I had to rest in Him.
She also shared a verse with me and that lifted me even higher!!
Proverbs 21:1 says, "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." God is in control!
I am so thankful that God has placed these people in my life.

No comments: