Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So thankful...



Yesterday was the first "official" day of autumn. Of course, here in Southern California, it doesn't feel official at all. I'd have to drive a good 30 - 45 minutes or so to find some really autumn looking scenery.

Those that know me, know that I love all things fall. The colors, the holiday of Thanksgiving, school starting....but I also think that I love it because it causes me to reflect on all of the blessings in my life. The Lord has definitely given me much for which to be thankful.


  • I am thankful for my salvation. I am thankful that He loved me enough to make a way for me to have eternal life. John 3:16

  • I am thankful for the husband He gave me. I honestly don't know a more hard-working and patient man. He is selfless and treats me like a queen!

  • I am thankful for my children. I love that each of my children are unique and have a personality of their own. I love that they already love serving the Lord in His house.

  • I am thankful for our church congregation. We have a core group of people that I now consider to be family. I think about and pray for them daily and I know that they pray for us.

  • I am thankful for my parents, siblings and extended family. Though they live so far away, we are able to (and enjoy) talk every week.

  • I am thankful for my husbands family - my in-laws. I do not call them in-laws because I feel as if I have been a part of their family forever.
  • I am thankful for my many friends. Because my father was in the army, we moved a lot. I went away to college in Indiana, even though I spent my high school years in Washington state. I have so many friends that are both near and far. I even have friends that I've gotten to know, but have never met IRL, because of a love for scrapbooking and a message board that I frequent. I consider some of my friends to be kindred spirits - you know who you are. I am thankful for them all.

There is so much more that I am thankful for, but those are the things for which I am always thankful. I will start putting out all of my fall decorations and it will remind me how much my Father in Heaven loves me!

1 comment:

Char said...

Just liike you Sherry, I love autumn. The colours, the crisp air, thanksgiving - it is my fave time of year. Love the picture!