Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Fill-Ins for August 6


My sweet daughter Taryn at the water park. Summer's wrapping up so quickly! =(

1. Life is going to be very different this year. The kids will be going to public school for the first time ever! I am looking forward to all of the options and programs they will have access to, however I am nervous at the same time.

2. Even if there are stumbling blocks, you've got to keep going, you never know what's just around the bend!

3. My last text message (or IM) ended in these three words: "my last one" It was a text to my cousin (long-distance personal trainer) telling her that I did better this time. =)

4. Fresh lobster is what I'm thinking about for dinner sometime soon. I've never cooked it before and would love to try it for something special.

5. On the 1st day of August I felt panicky because I still need to do school shopping (clothes and supplies) and the summer is ending quickly!

6. The crossfit workouts and Paleo eating really help me to feel lively and energetic.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to family game night at a friend's house, tomorrow my plans include a family day retreat at the beach with our church and Sunday, I want to relax and enjoy the Lord's day with family and friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lobster! One of my all time favorites :) We usually cook them steamed. But there are so many ways to cook them. My husband dives for lobsters, however the last few years not so much. I miss my lobster fix. Enjoy your weekend!

Alisa said...

Public school this year... Sam too, our first time, nerve wracking isn't it? Love you girl!