Before I can stay FOCUSed, I need to GET FOCUSed - right? I have been making lots of decisions this week. Decisions that will help me FOCUS on the things that are most important to me. I never made any kind of list for this and that shocks me, because you know how I love a list! I think I've been hiding from the list because I know I'd have to start working on it. Well, hide no more. Here are the things that I feel are out of FOCUS in my life:
1. My thoughts - they are just scattered and jumbled and in a big mess. I am organizing them by making lists, throwing out the negative or worrisome thoughts, etc.
2. My family life - We have been rushing around - here, there and everywhere and forgetting to spend true quality time with each other. I am going to focus better on these things by switching up our schedule, schedule some fun, but inexpensive outings, and getting more relaxation time together.
3. My health - Let's face it. I have been wanting to get myself together since my last one was born and he is 18 months old now! It's time for me to get a REGULAR work out schedule and watch my diet. I can do this, I know. I always feel better inside and out when I do, so I don't know what I've been waiting for.
4. My marriage - Here's another area that is okay, but could always be better. It's something that can always be worked on. After all, he is my best friend, right? I think sometimes, it's easier to take for granted the things that we love the most, because we feel like it'll be there forever. Well, I don't doubt that it'll be there forever, but I don't want it to just "be there" - I want it (US) to thrive.
5. Spirituality - Same as my marriage. There's always room to grow. I crave this and I am going to schedule in more time to grow in this area.
6. Simplify my home and surroundings - This is an ongoing quest in my life. I am a collector, yet I hate clutter. When I start seeing piles or space is disappearing, I almost get in a panic and then I want everything to stop and everyone is in trouble and rushing around until it's all picked up. I need to purge and re-organize. I am always looking for a better way to organize - especially in my scrap space and garage.
7. My creativity - Here's another thing I've been craving. To really CREATE something in my studio. Lately, I've been doing a lot of "crafts", but I am talking about ART. Even if I am the only one that understands...it's something I must do.
This also includes my writing. I write here, I journal in books, I write lessons for teaching...I need to FOCUS on somethings I've been really wanting to write and those are children's stories that have been bouncing around in my head.
8. My reading list - Anyone who really knows me, knows that I love a book. All kinds of books. My favorites are historical fiction and anything I can learn from. Lately, I've been reading a few novels here and there to stay up with "conversation". I still need to take my "must read" stack and make a list and just plow through.s
9. My relationships - I have friendships near and far. I have family near and far. There are some of you out there that I feel like I know, but have never met in real life. You all are important to me. Once you make friends with me, you can pretty much count on me for life. I am usually easy going and very forgiving. I want to nurture these relationships even more.
10. Myself - These have not been in any particular order (my little guy is running around and playing at my feet - so it's whatever I can FOCUS on at the moment. =] ), but I did save myself for last. I feel that as I work on these other things in my life - it will help me to FOCUS more on myself. I get so much anxiety over things I know I can't change, but these things, I can. I found myself - several times - having to take a deep breath. I sometimes feel like my chest is pressing in and I can't catch my breath.
I have a gift card that is two years old for a massage at a local day spa. Why? Why haven't I gone? I am going to go. I will schedule it this week. There are little things that I need that are important, yet simple things? Why haven't I gotten them? Because there's always something more important out there? That's how we moms are. Well, I will take care of those things, but it feels good just to write it down.
Well, there it is. That's a good start, don't you think?