Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!



Valentine's Day has always been special to me. Eighteen years ago, Marco and I started dating. Technically we started January 26th of 1990, but our first real date was the Valentine's Banquet at the college we were attending. Has it really been 18 years? That is half of my life!

Eighteen years later and he is still surprising me with the most thoughtful things ever. I have been sick for the last couple of days. Really sick - Chest congestion, cough up a lung sick. Anyway, I took some Nyquil last night and went to sleep. All I remember is Hannah waking me up to say, "Mom, you should go downstairs." Marco was already gone to work. I vaguely remember him giving me a kiss and telling me to get better.

I went downstairs and the first thing I see are cards and candy on our entry-way table. He had left a treat and a card for each of the girls. Then I see a long tube filled with Chocolate covered strawberries, a tin of chocolate dipped Altoids (my favorite) and a card. "You're dad is so sweet.", I say to Hannah. Mind you, I still have one eye closed. "Mom, look down!" says Hannah. Oh.my.word. There in front of my feet is a beautiful Scrapbook tote on wheels. It is pink and brown and it matches the bag he got me at Christmas. I totally did not need it, but have been eye-balling it for a while. *sigh* The card was just perfect. I was wide awake now. He has been so busy with working two jobs and taking care of our church and our church people - how did he find the time? He's incredible.

You know, a lot of people complain that Valentine's Day is over-rated and made up for Hallmark to make more money. Oh, well too bad for them. For me, it reminds me of the many special things my husband has done for me in the past. He also remembers to treat me special on regular days too - but this day - well, it was made for us.

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

O dang girl! that strawberry looks like I could pick it off the screen and eat it! That's really sweet of Marco!

I got a maternity spa package! (that's what i'm talkin' about!)

topnotchtabitha said...

oh sherry... marco is truly a blessing from God... i am glad God made him for you and i knoe you both were meant for eachother. that is the cutest valentine present i ever heard of. i am so happi for you....