Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude Journal ~ Day 2


After weeks and months of political advertisements on the television, the computer, in the mail and on the phone, it's finally done. Voting Day has come and gone and the state of California now has a new governor.
Whether I'm happy about who's won or not, it no longer matters. There were a couple of props that really had me confused. I'm one of those people that really studies my voter's pamphlet and I even had to do a little research to see how each proposition would affect me, my family and my community.
Today, I am thankful for the right to vote. I am thankful that in 1920, under President Wilson, the 19th ammendment was passed and the U.S. could no longer restrict voting based on gender.
Romans 13:1 says, "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."
We will see how California fares with a new governor. I can only hope and pray that it will get better.

No comments: