Wednesday, September 1, 2010

End of summer sweetness...


We were at the market and they had these tiny watermelon for 79 cents. My son took one look at them and had to have one.

What's a mama to do? See how much he loves it?? =)

I told him it was time to eat it. I had put it in the refrigerator to let it chill. He was obviously excited about this. haha.

I was surprised that there was no rind really.

It was basically seedless, of course.

The first bite...

So far so good!

It was a big hit. He loved it. It really was very sweet and full of flavor. Surprising for such a little thing.
School is in full swing and I'm going to miss a lot of the summer produce. Funny thing though, we hardly had any "summer" weather by Southern California standards, but now we get triple digit heat.
The kids think it's some kind of conspiracy against them. haha. We are thankful - very thankful - for air conditioning.
Fall is just around the corner...and you know me...I can't wait!!

2 comments:

TrulyBlessed said...

oh i love it!!! i truly love it!

Elizabeth Golden said...

The watermelon looks delicious, but your little one is absolutely adorable. So much joy in that little face. Brought joy to me just looking at your pictures. Ah the little moments we must cherish.