Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Back to School: Are the parents ready???


My girls have been back to school going on three weeks now. They are loving it - so far. As I've mentioned before, this is the first time in about 15 years that I am not at work teaching. I have a little guy that I love more than myself. He just turned three and I am so glad to be home with him and I get to spend my days teaching him and watching him learn and grow instead of 25 kids...
That being said, I feel for these teachers as I drop my girls off and leave them in their hands day after day. I remember the feeling. It is a calling. These teachers are there (the majority of them anyway) because they really want to make a difference for these children.
I've already offered my help to each of the girls' teachers and have brought home work to do for my Naomi's teacher. I want to be as communicative and helpful as I can, because these teachers are going to be spending lots of time with my children. I want them to know that I am on their side. We are all working towards helping my girls to be successful, happy, productive people.
I came across an article that led to one more about things that teachers wished parents knew. As a teacher, I was nodding my head in agreement through the whole thing. I am posting the links here, but PLEASE take the time to read them. It's really quick and eye opening and I think it will help you, your child and your child's teacher. Have a great school year!!
13 Things Your Child's Teacher Won't Tell You
20 More Things Your Child's Teacher Won't Tell You

No comments: