Sunday, July 12, 2009

Venus is in sight!

Okay...first let me say that I am only using a point and shoot type of camera, but I love it. These pictures are not great, but I wanted to capture Venus shining so bright next to the moon. These were taken on July 10th at about 11:30 p.m.
I love looking at the heavens! The sky is hardly ever clear enough to really see a lot of stars around here, but it's been alright.

I changed the setting on this one. Not as zoomed in, but you can see how bright Venus stood out in the sky.

Psalm 8:1,3 - 5
O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

how awesome!
Love you song list btw!

TrulyBlessed said...

i love the pictures! they are truly God's gift to us!!!