1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? This is a tough one. I love the ease of the good 'ole gift bag, but know that wrapped gifts are more fun to open. Last year I went all out and bought the good stuff from Costco. I even splurged and bought some wired ribbon. Nobody really appreciated it - but I loved it!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Until last year, it was always a real tree. Well, except for the year we lived in the really small apartment and I went and bought the set of 3 little northwest trees from Wal Mart. That was special...anyway, we always got a real tree and made a big deal about going to pick it out. That's fine if you are in Washington or Michigan maybe, but in Southern California, those puppies get dried up fast! I couldn't stand it. Half the tree was on the ground by the time Christmas rolled around. Last year we invested in a really nice fake tree at Costco. It is pre-lit. I LOVE it. I felt guilty at first, but I am over it. It's beautiful and best of all there's no mess to clean up. So what if there's no fresh tree smell. They make candles and sprays for that now!
3. When do you put up the tree? I try to put it up the week after Thanksgiving. We didn't do too bad this year. Got it up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the week after New Year's Day...we'll see how long I can take it before I have to go on a cleaning spree! LOL
5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, but I like an Egg Nog Latte from Starbucks even better!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my walkman that had an automatic song shuffle, played the next side without you having to flip it...oh yeah, I was so cool!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a tiny one that is on our front table. I would love to get a nice new one that has some quality to it, but for now - this one is good.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. He never gives us even a hint as to what he'd like. If you beat it out of him, he usually says something real modest that you know would be ridiculous to give. *sigh* I still haven't gotten his as a matter of fact!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters - they send me a wish list. I'm serious. Hey, works for me.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well, that's kind of like a trick question...I always get the photo ones made and then TRY to get them mailed...again, we'll see how this year goes.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Salt packets to make beef jerky. What? Huh?
12 . Favorite Christmas movie? I am not sure about that one - like the Christmas Story, The Grinch, ....drawing a blank here...
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not soon enough
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes. Just gotta be careful not to give it to the person who gave it to you in the first place!! LOL
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? tamales
16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying home this year and having his family over
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?One on Christmas Eve usually. Have to wait for Santa you know
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? crowds
23. Favorite christmas ornament? The ones that Marco has chosen for me
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Ham and all the sides