Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Crazy busy...







So, I've been quite busy these last few days. You know, making a list and checking it twice? It doesn't help that my girls will randomly yell out things like: "Only 14 more days 'til Christmas!!" I keep reminding them that I am consumed with making sure Daddy has a Happy Birthday first. His birthday is on the 17th and I don't want it getting all smooshed in with the Christmas festivities.

I also homeschool my two oldest girls. Oh, did I forget to mention that? It has been very chilly in the mornings (honestly, I wake up and expect to see a blanket of white outside) and they are having trouble getting up right away. Now, I know. Those of you that homeschool are probably saying, "What's the big deal?" I know, it's not like they are going to miss the bus, right? I am just that way. I try to run a rigid school schedule and make sure that "school" is never questionable. I think that comes from teaching in a traditional setting for 14 years. I am slowly but surely getting over it. I let them take their time this morning and they even got to have hot chocolate when they came down. Yeah, I'm cool like that. - at least that's what I keep telling myself!

Anyway, we got through school and then had to run some errands for Marco. We had to go into Riverside where I happen to have an $80 credit at the Color Me Mine place. It is left over from last years school funds. Yup. Art class! I didn't know if I would have time to go, so I didn't tell them. They about came unglued when I pulled up to the shop. They were so excited! I even let Naomi paint and I got to do a little Ladybug! Hannah painted something for me - a jar that says Scrapbook $ - (I am supposed to act surprised on Christmas), Taryn painted a teapot/teacup set for Nana, and Naomi made her a matching cookie plate. Well, it was kind of matching. Little Marco did his part by sleeping through it all.
We rushed home...in traffic so that I could get home to cook dinner. The girls even made caramel apples. Marco loved dinner. I guess it's okay to be so busy. We actually got a lot accomplished and we did it together. I love being a mommy and a wife. =]

4 comments:

C said...

Thanks for the comment. Of course, I'm grossing out over the thought of fuzzy candy! BLECGH!

Summer said...

I'm the total opposite, rigid schedules drive me crazy!

Cammie said...

beautiful daughters!

SavedbyGrace said...

Geez, you really have been busy! I just checked this the other day and now you have 3 new entries! Anyhow the girls look like they are having a blast!