Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I want to take a moment today to remember the men and women that gave their lives so that I might be free. There are people that don't agree with the war - you don't have to. Let's put that aside and take some time today to pay respect for those that did believe that they were doing what our country needed to have this freedom. The freedom that allows us to even voice our opinion about the government. You can't do that everywhere in this world. I went to church with my family yesterday. We sang hymns of praise, we read our Bible, and we prayed. We are free to do all of that because there were and are men and women who were willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice. I am a proud American. I come from a line of men and women that proudly served this country. I am an Army brat and proud of it. My husband is a Pastor and I believe he is doing what he can to help America spiritually. Today, say a prayer, observe a moment of silence, hug your family, and enjoy your freedom - most of all, be thankful for those that felt that "it was worth it". Watch this video. It's called Arlington by Trace Adkins.
http://digg.com/music/Memorial_Day_Arlington_Trace_Adkins

3 comments:

Brynn said...

That video is POWERFUL!!! I had never seen that, thanks for posting it, it really makes you stop & think.

Thanks Sherry!

SavedbyGrace said...

I am so thankful for our freedom. For the men and women that make so many sacrifices to maintain our freedom.

Traci said...

Great post!