Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ch-Ch-Changes...

So, I didn't make it back right away like I said I would, but here I am now! Did you miss me? I have wanted to come and write for so many days now. I have been sooooo busy though. School is back in session, church has a whole new calendar of activities to plan and fill, and I have a jillion other things to do on top of it all.
Marco and I have already had our talk about 2008 and what it will hold for us. I feel so blessed to have a husband that is always willing to improve or make changes when he feels it is necessary.
The top 3 books that I am reading right now are: the Bible, The Total Money Make Over by Dave Ramsey, and the Best Life Diet by Bob Greene.
I am excited to be studying the Bible this year and specifically looking for God's promises and claiming them. I want to surround myself with people that are positive. I have always said that if you don't come away a better person by being with a friend, you need to quit spending time with that "friend". Of course, I am not perfect, I can not always be on "top-side" - but I also do not go around with a chip on my shoulder or think that someone is always out to get me. That would be too exhausting! I have known people like that and make it a point not to spend too much time in their presence. God is good and has surrounded me with people that I can learn from. They have been examples and an encouragement to me and I want to be the same for others.
The Total Money Make Over is a book that has been on the Top Seller list. Dave Ramsey is a Christian that has dealt with financial highs and lows. He teaches you how to live a debt free life. He always says that you need to live like noone else today, so that you may live like noone else tomorrow. That means making some sacrifices, living without, sticking with a budget, and living by a plan. Sound like too much? No, I think it's just right. Exactly what we need right now.
The Best Life Diet is a book by Bob Greene. He is the trainer that has become well-known by working with Oprah. I chose to read his book out of all the others, because his thinking and way of life seems to be the most balanced and practical. He teaches you how to improve your nutrition, change those bad habits, address the over-eating and under-exercising, and balance it all to help you have a healthier life. So far, we have been doing great! I have cut out all white/blatant flours and sugars from our diet. We have switched to lean meats and fish, added more fruits and vegetables, drink tons of water, added a vitamin supplement, and started really being active with an exercise schedule.
None of these things matter at all if we don't have God at the center of our lives. One of the main reasons we are making these changes are so that we can take care of ourselves so that we can take care of our members and family in Christ.
Lots of changes this year. Will it be easy? No. Will it be fun? Sometimes. Will it be worth it? Definitely.

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

Don't act like you don't want to be busy! That is just YOU! :) secondly, is that why you don't talk to me anymore, because I'm not a positive person and i walk around with a chip on my shoulder? Cause if that's the reason well then I think you are stuck up!

bahahahaha

SavedbyGrace said...

Oh I forgot to add my top 3 books

1. American Baby
2. Parent Magazine
3. Any childs book

They are all so deep and packed with great information. Life changing really!