Friday, March 16, 2007

What the??

I have a friend, well - I think she's my friend... and it seemed that she's been preoccupied with other things lately, just isn't herself, whatever. So, I say to her, "Are you okay?" She responds with the usual everything's fine, just working a lot of hours, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I tell her that if she needs to talk that she know's I am here for her. That's what friends do, I tell her. Do you know what she says???? "Well, time will tell." What? "What does that mean?", I ask her. "Well, I like to take things one day at a time...", says she. I told her that I didn't think friendship worked that way and that I will have to let this go before I get to freaked out about it. "Yeah, that's probably good...", she responds. What is that? She is an "eggshell" friend, that's for sure. Sheesh!

No comments: