Thanks to a challenge set by Cowtown Stacy (SS), I was able to do my blog for the day. I am expecting my sister in the morning - as stated previously - and didn't think I would take time to do this. However, one of the reasons I started this blog was so that I would WRITE. I know it may be rough and slow reading now, but I will warm up to it if I keep on going. So, here are 5 things you may not know about me!
1. Although I am usually the loud and boisterous one of the party - I would prefer to be the quiet observer. Now, I know - the ones that know me best are probably cracking up thinking this is just a big crock - but it is true! I grew up being an Army brat and we moved - a lot. The only way for me to cope and make friends was to be the funny one, the witty one, the sarcastic one...and it worked. Well, I carried that personality into my adult life. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I know where to draw the line between fun and obnoxious... But you know, a lot of times, I just want to sit back and be entertained or enjoy someone else's humor. If I am quiet though, my friends will ask what's wrong, am I sad, do I feel okay, etc. That is why I LOVE going to Scrapshare! I can go and read and be a quiet part of the conversation. A lot of the ladies have me laughing out loud-my family understands this now- at first they were worried that I was alone in the library cracking up. Some ladies make me cry and some even make me mad. That's okay...I don't have to do anything!
2. I would rather go book shopping than clothes shopping. I LOVE books. I could spend hours in a library...okay, make it a Borders or Barnes n Noble so I can have my coffee too. Luckily, I have a husband who knows this and we will often go to a book store, he buys me a coffee, and then we will go our seperate ways and browse the aisles. When we have a large enough stack in our arms-we will meet, find a place to sit and lounge for a while, and when we're ready make a purchase and go home. Love it!
3. I am afraid to try something if I am not sure that I can do it perfectly. Some people would say, "ah she is a perfectionist"...others may say "she's full of herself"...but I say, I am scared to fail. Maybe it's a pride problem.... I have had more piano lessons from more people than I can count. I will get to a point and then just FREEZE. I know that part of this is because growing up, I got in trouble any time I made a mistake. Most things come natural to me-piano doesn't. I still get sweaty thinking that my husband may one day ask me to play piano for church...yikes! I can not sew or I guess choose not to attempt much at sewing. I don't want to mess it up. Now, on a lot of things, if someone shows me exactly how...I will try it. Like the border swap I just joined. I have been scrapping for YEARS...but to get approved when I have not ever been in one...phew. But guess what? She approved them (swapcop) and I guess I am hooked. I guess I will just have to get over it all - but it'll take some time.
4. I can still do the splits and round off and cartwheels... you wouldn't think it to look at me now, but I can. I was very athletic once and swear that I will be again....one day!
5. I want to have my own business one day. I am not sure what it would be, but I know it would have to be with something I love and would not have to go back to school for. I would prefer it to be linked to something creative....but then well you know, just go read #3....