Monday, March 9, 2009

Remember this?


I've been trying to stay FOCUSed and part of my FOCUS is to make sure that I spend some fun, quality time with the little ones every day. I had finished most of the things on my "To do" list and was trying to think of something Naomi and Marco would enjoy doing. I remembered the Jiffy Pop popcorn that I bought a few days earlier. So I called Naomi in and allowed her to watch as I started to warm it up on the stove. I smiled as she kept asking, "What is it, Mama?". Then to my delight, I saw her eyes grow very wide as the foil started to puff way up. I wish I could've gotten a picture of that, but I am sure you remember how one has to keep that tin foil pan moving and shaking! Here's a photo right off the stove:

Ah, the steam. She had guessed popcorn already when she started to smell it coming together. She was so excited when I tore a little bit open for her to take a peek.
"Yes!! It is popcorn!!", says she.

Yum. She approves.

Here's Marco joining in on the fun. They both thought it was great!

We had a snack, had some laughs and had some fun. The best part? It didn't take a ton of time or money...just the 3 of us and our Jiffy Pop!



11 comments:

Brynn said...

I have got to remember to get some of these next time I'm at the store. I bet my kids would get a total kick out of it too.

Thanks for the run reminder!

Lee said...

Oh my goodness, Sherry. I haven't seen Jiffy Pop since I was Naomi's age. Good for you carving time out for the little ones. Sometimes you have to do that :)

LisaShaw said...

What adorable children you have. Those precious moments that never cost anything but always GIVE A GREAT RETURN (in this case lots of love), are always precious!

Bless you dear sister.

shirley said...

My only memory of jiffy pop - my father tried to pop the jiffy pop and I don't know if he forgot to take the top wrapper off or what, but the thing never puffed up, the corn all burned and we never had jiffy pop again.
I think I need to buy some just so I can say I've eaten jiffy pop, LOL!

Traci said...

Wow! Jiffy Pop! What a flash back that is, lol.

Nadya 's World!!! said...

That is so cool!!!! I need to spend more FUN times with my kids too. I'll have to pick up one of these next time I'm out shopping.

SavedbyGrace said...

Abby loves those. My MIL will get one for her occasionally!

Leaon Mary said...

Awwww SHERRY, they are adorable! Naomi just LIGHTS UP doesn't she? WHAT A BEEEAUTIFUL SMILE!
JIFFY POP, AND A COOLBEANS MOMMA!
YOU MADE THEIR DAY SO SPECIAL!
THEY ARE AS BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AS YOU ARE TO HAVE THEM

Lea

Leaon Mary said...

OH YEAH... and One more thing:

HOW DID YOU GET THAT STUFF to pop, without the smoke detector goin off?
Your Jiffypop looks PERFECT!
MMMMMM

Anonymous said...

adorable!!!

Virginia Harris said...

That popcorn is so much fun. I've only had it a couple of times. My dad and I built a very rustic log "fort" in the big field behind our house and some of my friends and my dad and I camped out overnight there and we got Jiffy Pop! Good memory!